Suing for Underage Drinking

In an effort to curb underage drinking an interesting law was introduced in Wisconsin. Minors or their parents can be sued if they misrepresent their age to purchase alcohol, and the building displayed the required sign that it can sue for age misrepresentation. The lawsuit can be $1000, which is in addition to any underage drinking ticket the minor might receive.  

We really like this idea. The use of fake IDs is a big problem and a financial disincentive should work well. We hope this bill passes.  

Share This!

Return to Blog

Leave a comment

Please note: comments must be approved before they are published.

Get in touch!


ID Scanners by Bar & Club Stats
81 Prospect St.
Brooklyn, NY 11201


Phone: 315-400-1300