Can I use the camera of my iPhone, iPod or iPad to scan IDs?
- Yes, if you have an iPhone 5/5C/5S, iPod 5 32GB or 64GB, or iPad 4, Mini or Air, you can use your camera to read barcode IDs. You still need an attachment to read magnetic stripe drivers licenses.
What do I get when I order a BCS ID scanner?
- If you have already downloaded our software for free on iTunes to your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, you get our ID scanner attachment.
- Don't have an iPod, iPhone or iPad? You can also rent or buy our ID scanner with an iPod that has our software pre-installed. All software updates come from iTunes.
What information does BCS see? What does BCS do with the information?
- When a patron's ID is scanned, four pieces of anonymous data (time of entry, age, gender and zip code) are sent to our database. We never see anyone's name, address or drivers license number. Only you do, which can be emailed.
- We aggregate and analyze this anonymous data and provide it to you so you can better understand your customers.
If I buy the scanner + iPod, what kind of iPod do I get?
- Our full ID scanner unit contains an 8 gig iPod 4G or 16 gig iPod 5G.
How many scans can the ID scanner store?
- 10,000+ scans to prove due diligence.
Can I email myself the records?
- Yes, you can email yourself every ID scan captured.
How long should I keep the records?
- You should check with the laws of your jurisdiction. We recommend a minimum of two weeks.
What happens if someone does not want his license scanned?
As a bar owner you have two options:
- Check the person's ID the old fashion way which prevents you from having a record in case there is a fight or theft. This also prevents our software from detecting if it is a fake ID, or
- Not let that person in. As long as you do not discriminate based on race, religion, disability, etc., you do not have to let anyone in your venue or sell him alcohol.
Is the product covered under warranty?
- We offer a lifetime warranty on the software and a one (1) year warranty on our iPod and scanner attachment.
If I rent an ID scanner, is there a long term contract or cancellation fee?
- No, never. You can cancel anytime.
If I rent an ID scanner, will it be new?
- We cannot guarantee that if you rent an ID scanner it will be new and never used. It depends on our inventory.
Can I use an iPod with the iPhone ID scanner?
- Yes but it is not recommended. There is a gap in the scanner because an iPod is smaller than an iPhone, and it can deteriorate the scanner over time.
Do I need WIFI to use the ID scanner?
- No, wifi is not necessary. You can sync your scans later when you have wifi to access your data online.
Call 914-227-2271 or email us
for more information.