Can I use the camera of my iPhone, iPod, iPad or Android device to scan IDs?
- Yes. If you have an iPhone 5, 6, iPod 5, iPad 3, 4, Mini, Air or Android you can use your camera to read barcode IDs. You still need an attachment to read magnetic stripe drivers licenses.
What do I get when I order an ID scanner?
- If you have already downloaded our software for free on iTunes to your iPod, iPhone, or iPad, you get our ID scanner attachment.
- Don't have an iPod, iPhone or iPad? You can also rent or buy our ID scanner with an iPod that has our software pre-installed. All software updates come from iTunes.
What information does BCS see? What does BCS do with the information?
- When a patron's ID is scanned, four pieces of anonymous data (time of entry, age, gender and zip code) are sent to our database. We never see anyone's name, address or drivers license number. Only you do, which can be emailed.
- We aggregate and analyze this anonymous data and provide it to you so you can better understand your customers.
If I buy the scanner + iPod, what kind of iPod do I get?
- Our full ID scanner unit contains an 8 gig iPod 4G or 16 gig iPod 5G.
How many scans can the ID scanner store?
- 10,000+ scans to prove due diligence.
Can I email myself the records?
- Yes, you can email yourself every ID scan captured.
How long should I keep the records?
- You should check with the laws of your jurisdiction. We recommend a minimum of two weeks.
What happens if someone does not want his license scanned?
As someone who sells alcohol, tobacco or marijuana you have two options:
- Check the person's ID the old fashion way which prevents you from having a record in case there is a fight or theft. This also prevents our software from detecting if it is a fake ID, or
- Do not serve that person. As long as you do not discriminate based on race, religion, disability, etc., you do not have to let anyone in your venue or sell him anything.
Is the product covered under warranty?
- We offer a lifetime warranty on the software and a one (1) year warranty on our iPod and scanner attachment.
If I rent an ID scanner, is there a long term contract or cancellation fee?
- No, never. You can cancel anytime.
If I get the iPod 4 ID scanner, will the iPod be new?
- We'll do our best. Apple stopped making the iPod 4G in 2013 and new ones are getting harder to find. If not new it will be like new. All iPods are covered by our warranty.
Do I need WIFI to use the ID scanner?
- No, wifi is not necessary. You can sync your scans later when you have wifi to access your data online.
Call 914-227-2271 or email us
for more information.