What do I get when I order a BCS ID scanner?
- If you have already downloaded our software for free on iTunes to your iPod 4G, iPhone 4/4S or iPad 1, 2 or 3, you get our ID scanner attachment.
- Don't have your own iPod, iPhone or iPad? You can also rent or buy our ID scanner with an iPod that has our software pre-installed. All software updates come from iTunes.
What information does BCS see? What does BCS do with the information?
- When a patron's ID is scanned, four pieces of anonymous information (time of entry, age, gender and zip code) are sent to our database. We never see anyone's name, address or drivers license number...only the venue does.
- We aggregate and analyze this anonymous data and provide it back to you so you better understand your customers, and to marketers so they can target the demographic at your venue.
How many scans can the ID scanner store?
- 10,000 scans to prove due diligence.
Can I email myself the records?
- Yes, you can email yourself up to 10,000 scans.
How long should I keep the records?
- You should check with the laws of your jurisdiction. We recommend a minimum of two weeks.
What happens if someone does not want his license scanned?
As a bar owner you have two options:
- Check the person's ID the old fashion way which prevents you from having a record in case there is a fight or theft. This also prevents our software from detecting if it is a fake ID, or
- Not let that person in. As long as you do not discriminate based on race, religion, disability, etc., you do not have to let anyone in your establishment.
Is the product covered under warranty?
- We offer a lifetime warranty on the software and a one (1) year warranty on our iPod and scanner attachment.
If I rent an ID scanner, is there a long term contract or cancellation fee?
- No, never. You can cancel anytime.
If I rent an ID scanner, will it be new?
- We cannot guarantee that if you rent an ID scanner it will be new and never used. It depends on our inventory.
Can I use an iPod with the iPhone ID scanner?
- Yes. Due to the size of an iPod it fits within the iPhone ID scanner attachment. Therefore, if you buy the iPhone version you can use an iPod with it too. However, due to the size of an iPhone, it does not fit within the iPod ID scanner attachment.
Do I need WIFI to use the ID scanner?
- No, wifi is not necessary. You can sync your data later when you have wifi to access it online.
Call 914-227-2271 or email us
for more information.